Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Inspiration: A Prayer by Sarah Teasdale

                 
A Prayer

When I am dying, let me know
That I loved the blowing snow
Although it stung like whips;
That I loved all lovely things

And I tried to take their stings
With gay unembittered lips;
That I loved with all my strength,
To my soul's full depth and length,

Careless if my heart must break,
That I sang as children sing
Fitting tunes to everything,
Loving life for its own sake.
                                                     
-Sarah Teasdale


What a great way to live...enjoying life for what it is.  To experience life's best, we often must endure life's worst.  Loving deeply is one of life's greatest joys, but it comes with the risk of losing love, one of life's most deeply painful experiences.  It's so easy to hold back on investing oneself wholeheartedly for fear of danger or loss or factors we cannot control.  Let us not hold back on living deeply simply because we are afraid.  A full life, complete with sincere love, is worth the risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment